Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Day in the life of this Working Mom

Well, I've been back at work for three weeks. It seems like longer! Work is fine, I'm back in the old routine there, still bored. But my home routine is totally new and very busy! Here is a glimpse into my day:

5:00 a.m. Up to take my shower
5:30 a.m. Get Mila out of her swaddle to start waking up in the crib
5:45 a.m. Blow dry hair, do make-up, eat breakfast
6:00 a.m. Tummy Time for M
6:05 a.m. Give M her Vitamin D
6:10 a.m. Feed M
6:30 a.m. Get Breastmilk out of the freezer, pack breast pump bag
6:45 a.m. Change M
6:50 a.m. Load the car with diaper bag, breast pump, lunch bag and warm car
6:55 a.m. Load M in carseat and into car
6:58 a.m. - 7:06 a.m. off to daycare singing our ABC's
7:10 a.m. Drop M off with Ms. Sue at daycare
7:15 a.m. Drive to Work
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Work
Pump at 9:30 a.m, 12:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
5:00 p.m. - 5:40 p.m. Drive Home
6:00 p.m Feed Mila
6:45 ish to 7:15 ish - Story for M and down to sleep
7:15 - 8:00 Eat and some sit time
8:00 - 8:45 Clean all bottles, pump parts from daycare and work, make lunch
8:50 p.m. Wake M, change and feed.
9:30 ish - 10:00 ish Put M to sleep
After 10, me to bed, wake M to feed between 2-3 a.m.

... and start all over again at 5!

Luckily, Marc helps with the dog and around the house stuff or else I might drop! But I truly wouldn't trade a moment. I love being a mom. Watching my little one learn new things every day, growing and smiling and cooing and kicking! I would, however, definitely trade moments at work for more moments with my family and my little girl. We'll see what we can do about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the many reasons why moms are awesome. :) I look forward to officially meet little Mila. Big hugs to you all!
Steph